Monday November 30, 2015
Congratulations on purchasing one of our homes in havelock nc. One of the best things about moving into a new home is the decorating part. Use these tips to decorate your dining room for any occasion.
- Area rug – An area rug will bring coziness and warmth to your dining room. Select an area rug that complements the room’s décor and theme and is also 20 to 30 inches wider and longer than your dining room table. This will ensure that chairs can be scooted back without damaging the floor.
- Centerpiece – No dining room is complete without a beautiful centerpiece. Candles or a vase filled with seasonal flowers will make your dining room table sophisticated.
- Console table – A console table in your dining room will be the perfect place to keep food platters while hosting dinner. When you don’t need to use the able for a place for extra food, place photos, trinkets and other accessories on this table to dress it up.
- Ice bucket tray set – Have an ice bucket tray set nearby. This will help you avoid having to make runs back and forth to the kitchen to gather ice for beverages.
- Lighting arrangement – Good lighting sets the tone of a room. Select a chandelier to make a statement in this room. An alternate option to adding light to your dining room without hanging a light above your table is adding wall scones or lamps to the room.
- Table linens – On an average day table linens are not necessarily needed. However, table linens are a nice touch for serving food on when you are hosting a dinner party or having Sunday dinner. Don’t forget the cloth napkins and placemats so that your tabletop becomes even fancier.
- Wall art – Decorate your dining room with a stunning piece of art such as a mural, painting, or photograph.
- Window treatments – The appropriate drapery selection will add elegance and warmth to your dining room. Select draperies that fit the tone of the room but are not the same color as the walls.
If you are in the market for a new home we hope you would consider building with JC Jackson. We currently are building in the homes in havelock nc community of King Creek at Cherry Branch. Give our sales specialist Jeannie Bayne at 252-671-3126 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our inventory
This post was written by JC Jackson Builders