Saturday November 19, 2016
Clocks have been set back and mornings are becoming brighter while the evenings are getting darker around our new homes in New Bern NC. While we experience cooler temperatures and anticipate the transition of fall to winter on December 21st, follow these energy-efficient tips this fall and winter to help you save money.
- Ceiling fans – Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans to reverse in a counterclockwise direction. This will help to push the warm air down and circulate throughout the room.
- Christmas lighting – Decorating your home with lights is an easy way to get into the festive spirit at your home. Opt for LED holiday lights versus incandescent lighting because they use less lights and this in turn will help keep your lighting bill lower.
- Daytime heating – Allow the sun to heat up your home by keeping windows open throughout the day. Once the sun goes down you should close the windows to keep the heat in.
- Interior lighting – Though this is a no brainer it can be sometimes so easy to forget. Turn off the lights when you’re not home or in rooms you are not using.
- Thermostat settings – Don’t turn your thermostat all the way up. Instead, keep it at a temperature you’re comfortable with and layer your clothes and or use throw blankets to keep warm. Lower the temperature setting on your thermostat before heading to bed by 10 to 15 degrees.
- Window coverings – Use insulated drapes or thermal curtains to add warmth and sophistication to your home.
JC Jackson Builders is the BrighterBetterBest new homes in New Bern NC homebuilder. We build superior homes that are better quality and energy efficient. If you are in a market for a new home we hope that you will consider a home by JC Jackson. Contact us today at (252) 838-1590 to learn more about our available inventory of energy efficient homes.
This post was written by JC Jackson Builders